Nov 16, 2022
Workplace Violence against Nurses – ANA Webinar
Workplace Violence against Nurses: What You Can Do
A Free On-Demand Webinar
A breathtaking statistic that cannot be ignored:
1 in 4 nurses are assaulted in the workplace.
A recent Press Ganey survey showed that on average 2 nurses are assaulted every hour.
Workplace violence against nurses happens every day. It made the headlines recently in Raleigh, NC and in Dallas, TX, but in fact it happens almost every day.
In 2022, the rate of assaults in U.S. hospitals increased by 23%. A recent study of RNs found a significant proportion of nurses who cared for patients with COVID-19 experienced more physical violence and verbal abuse, and had more difficulty in reporting the incidents to management.
These statistics attest to the magnitude of this serious problem that nurses face every day.
Workplace violence can be prevented, and nurses can lead the way.
FREE for both ANA members and non-members.
Register Here to view this important webinar:
You will be able to view the webinar immediately or anytime, anywhere!
Registration is required for individuals and groups prior to viewing.*
This on-demand webinar addresses what every nurse needs to know about the challenge of workplace violence against nurses. Topics to be addressed include:
- The scope and cost of WPV in healthcare for nurses, patients, and healthcare organizations
- Common factors related to organizational culture that can prevent implementation of successful WPV programs
- Core components of a program to manage and prevent WPV
- What you can do to support effectiveness and sustainability of a WPV program and culture of worker and patient safety
- Resources from ANA and other sources that nurses can access to enhance or develop a WPV program
Who should attend: All nurses in all practice settings
This program is informational only; no CNE is being awarded.
Registration is required for individuals and groups.
*Questions or group requests: Please email email@example.com